This article explain the process to find the older version of java, uninstalling it and updating to the latest one.
- Download the Java uninstall tool from - https://www.java.com/en/download/uninstalltool.jsp
- Run the downloaded application and click on the Agree button
- If your version is up to date then you will be getting a notification like this. You can Click on NO and no need for any further steps.
- If you are having an old version of Java, that will be listed in the application. You can select all the older versions and uninstall them.
- This application will ask you to clear the cache and you can click on the Yes button
- Once the uninstall is completed you can see a final status like below. To download the latest version you can click on the Get Java button or download it from - https://java.com/en/download/
- After the download, please run the setup and click on the install button,
- After the successful install, you will get a window like this.
- Now the Java version will be the latest one.
You can change Automatic Update Settings to check for new versions,
- Open Configure Java
- Click the Update tab to access the settings.
- To enable Java Update to automatically check for updates, select the Check for Updates Automatically check box.
- When a new Java update is available, a tooltip balloon appears on your Windows desktop. To install the new update, click on the notification dialog.
- The Update Available dialog appears. To start the installation, click Update.
- When the installation is complete, a dialog box appears. Click Finish to complete the installation.
1. Uninstall the existing JDK from the control panel
3. Install the downloaded setup
4. Set the Java Home using the new JDK path
You can set this up by following the below steps.
1. Search for Environment Variables.
2. Click the Environment Variables button.
3. Under System Variables, click New.
4. In the Variable Name field: JAVA_HOME if you installed the JDK (Java Development Kit) and Variable Value: Path to JDK folder (C:\Program Files\Java\jdk-220.127.116.11)
5. Click OK and Apply Changes as prompted.
You can verify this by executing %JAVA_HOME% in RUN
5. Make sure eMAM Upload Manager is running after this change
Possible issues and troubleshooting
Sometimes eMAM Upload Manager won't get started after updating the JDK. It might be referring to the old JVM.DLL. You will get an error like, Failed to load JVM DLL 'C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.8.0_221\jre\bin\server\jvm.dll', home in the Upload Manager logs files.
Please follow the below steps to fix it,
a. Open Registry
b. Navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\Apache Software Foundation\Procrun 2.0\eMAMUploadManager\Parameters\Java
c. Set the Jvm with the new jvm.dll path